11 – 13 June 2019 | Tbilisi, Georgia
From 11 – 13 June 2019, UNIDO organized an introduction workshop on basic methodology of the Enhancing the Quality of Industrial Policy (EQuIP) toolkit in Tbilisi, Georgia.
The project was funded by the German Development Cooperation, GIZ.
The training, that took place at the Tech Park Georgia, targeted 15 delegates from the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia and subsidiary agencies. It introduced participants to relevant statistical databases and calculation methods of core industrial benchmarking indicators to reach a better understanding of Georgia’s economic structure and the performance of its manufacturing sector.
The training was also supposed to prepare participants for a follow-up workshop on Industry 4.0, Gender and Climate Change to be conducted in 22 – 26 July 2019.
Participants learned about the following topics:
- Relevance of manufacturing for structural change and economic development of the country incl. empirical evidence
- Introduction to WITS, WDI and familiarization with UNIDO INDSTAT
- Measuring Industrial Competitiveness: the UNIDO approach (incl. analytical examples)
- Applying industrial diagnosis to Georgia
- Performing well in global value chains: Enhancing the value of Georgia’s main exports